A LITTLE INDULGENT TREAT
Besides being one of the biggest pleasures in life, dark chocolate is also known for being extremely positive in reducing stress levels and improving memory, immunity and mood.
So if you are looking for a little indulgent treat, try this recipe now!
Classic chocolate mousse (Makes 6 Servings)
- Cooled heavy cream – 3/4 cup
- Large egg yolks – 4
- Brewed Sangster’s Coffee 100% Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee, room temperature – 1/4 cup
- Kosher salt -1/8 teaspoon
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Chopped Chocollor chocolate bar – 70% Dark – 6 oz
- Large egg whites – 2
- Beat ½ cup cream, cover and chill.
- Mix coffee, egg yolks, salt, and 2 tbsp sugar in a heat-safe bowl.
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with boiling water, and bring to a simmer over a low heat and put the heat-safe bowl on top. Simmer gently.
- Remove bowl from heat. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and add to the bowl. Whisk until melted.
- Beat egg whites and remaining 1 tbsp sugar in a separate bowl using an electric mixer until foamy.
- Fold into chocolate mixture with reserved whipped cream. Divide mousse among 6 cups and chill.
- Whisk remaining 1/4 cup cream just before serving, and top each cup with a dollop of cream. Sprinkled hazelnuts are optional.